TL;DR: Join one of Pittsburgh’s top independently owned (women-led) private tutoring companies as we celebrate ten years of student success.
Immediate hires in Biology, Physics, SAT/ACT Prep (Full Exam), Algebra I & II, Geometry, Statistics, Calculus AB & BC, Chemistry, Economics, US History, Time & Organizational Management (middle school), Writing (high school), Literature (high school)
If you’re an expert in social-emotional learning, connecting kids and content, making meaning from a mess, or are plain insightful, then we want to hear from you!
Tutors must also be:
- masters of organization
- nimble problem solvers
- EdTech adept
- comfortable working independently in public spaces or private homes
- able to self-transport to and from sites in the East End or near-suburbs of Pittsburgh (we do cross bridges and drive through tunnels!)
- Bachelor’s of Arts (in progress or completed).
- Independent, reliable transportation.
- Desire to teach others.
- PA state clearances (may be obtained during the hiring process)
- Master’s degree (MA, MS, MAT, etc.) or higher (in progress or completed).
- One year of tutoring experience with references.
- Submit Independent Contractor Application, including:
- CV/resume in .pdf format
- Cover letter
- Subjects tutored (i.e., History, English, Geometry, Biology, etc.)
- Three professional references required for progressing Round 2 applicants
- Round 1 interviews – Google Meet only
- Expected time: 20 minutes
- Round 2 scenarios interviews – Google Meet (or in person, if company requested/available)
- Expected time: 30 minutes + 30 minutes prep
- In all rounds, you may meet: Founder/Managing Director, Director of Curriculum, additional company administration team members
- KEFTutoring reserves the right to request a Round 3 interview or offer conversation and may change this process from time to time.
- This is a 1099-NEC position.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Premium pay incentive available for in-person tutoring contracts.
- Bonus incentive available for Test Prep contracts.
- Limited online-only opportunities available for the highest-qualified candidates.
- Adherence to PA state education standards.
- Vaccination self-certification required; masking may be required or requested at on-site locations. Self-certification health-check in required.
- All KEFTutoring contracts (Independent Contractor and Client) govern relationships. KEFTutoring reserves the right to set policies and procedures about these working relationships, and these policies and procedures may change from time to time.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin