- Tutor: Pravin Wilkins
- Grades: (rising) 6 – 12
- Type: Independent options available
Tired of those analytical history essays? Bored with grammar worksheets? Miss creative writing projects? In this course, unleash your inner author. Work on creatively expressing your purpose, voice, and tone. Learn how to use grammar to enhance your writing style with flair. Build writing skills through creative the production of a creative product of your choice!
Playwriting Option: Craft and draft alongside master playwright Pravin Wilkins to develop a 10-minute stage-worthy script. (BYO actors)
Projects options include, but are not limited to:
- Build a blog concept
- Write a film script or plan out a YouTube series
- Draft a short story or novella
- Express yourself through poetry
- Craft a play
- Creative writing
- Grammar, conventions, tone, and style
- Improving self-expression through writing
- Building confidence in writing through creativity
- Creative thinking
- Project-based learning
- Time management
- Prerequisite: Students must complete a project interest survey, and submit a writing sample.
- Week 1: Review survey, set writing goals, review student strengths and weaknesses, and brainstorm.
- Week 2: Check-in date #1: Reflecting, drafting.
- Week 3: Check-in date #2: Writing and revising.
- Week 4: Check-in date #3: Writing and revising.
- Week 5: Check-in date #4: Editing for production/portfolio.
- Week 6: Check-in date #5: Polishing and presenting for production/portfolio.
Costs and Session Details:
- Six sessions per course; please inquire about extended courses.
- Supplemental materials may be required for certain projects. Please inquire for further details.
- NEW STUDENT DISCOUNT: Save 2.5% each on each Creative Course registered for and paid for in full before June 17.
- DOUBLE COURSE BONUS: (All Students Eligible) Pay in full for TWO CREATIVE COURSES before June 17 to receive a 5% discount on your total package!
- *No more than two discounts can be applied to a course. Discounts do not apply to full-year “Classic Courses”. Please inquire for details.
Fill out Contact Us and include the Summer Sparks title “Writer’s Corner” in the parent/student goals to receive a personalized quote and further information.