- Tutor: Riley Diffenderfer, Miriam Wertheimer, Melissa Fann
- Grades: (rising) 6 – 8
- Type: Single Subject (sign up for one or two subjects)
Practice your skills this summer in a six-week short session designed to beat the summer brain drain and support your study skills. Select from EITHER:
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- English (Critical Reading or Writing)
- Math: Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, or Singapore Math (MF only)
- Time Management
- Binder Organization
- Creative thinking
- Study Skills (note-taking, critical reading, writing for understanding, flash-cards, etc)
- Project-based learning management
- Prerequisite: Students submit final grade report or school progress report for tutor review
- Week 1: Skills practice #1, time management, note-taking, homework.
- Week 2: Skills practice #2, time management, organization, note-taking, homework.
- Week 3: Skills practice #3, organization, self-motivation, homework, study skills.
- Week 4: Skills practice #4, organization, self-motivation, homework, study skills.
- Week 5: Skills practice #5, project-based learning management, homework, study skills.
- Week 6: Skills practice #6, project-based learning management, homework, collaboration, study skills.
Costs and Session Details:
- Six sessions per course; please inquire for extended courses.
- Supplemental materials may be required for certain projects. Please inquire for further details.
- NEW STUDENT DISCOUNT: Save 2.5% each on each Creative Course registered for and paid for in full before June 17.
- DOUBLE COURSE BONUS: (All Students Eligible) Pay in full for TWO CREATIVE COURSES before June 17 to receive a 5% discount on your total package!
- *No more than two discounts can be applied to a course. Discounts do not apply to full-year “Classic Courses”. Please inquire for details.
Fill out Contact Us and include the Summer Sparks title “Middle School Study Skills – [insert your focus subject area ELA or Math]” in the parent/student goals to receive a personalized quote and further information.