- Tutor: Ashley Russell, Miles Tonkovich (online), Trish Hredzak-Showalter (online/astronomy – limited placements)
- Grades: (rising) 1 – 12
- Type: In-person and online options available
Build math and science skills through problem-based inquiry methods. Select a topic below and solve a complex problem, solve a lab, or build a project! This course is perfect for learners of all levels. It can an introduction to applying basic math and science concepts in the real world, an opportunity to fine-tune higher-order thinking skills over the summer, or simply a chance to test out AP level concepts outside of a classroom setting.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Science: General Science, Astronomy, Environmental Science, Biology, or Chemistry
- *Projects requiring organic & inorganic laboratory work may be limited. Please inquire for details.
- Critical thinking & analysis
- Creative thinking
- Skill development
- Project-based learning
- Time management
- Prerequisite: Students create a project idea submitted to email@example.com one week prior to the start of the course.
- Week 1: Discuss the project; review critical skills and concepts required, skills practice.
- Week 2: Skills practice #1, labwork/problem work, research, and experimentation.
- Week 3: Skills practice #2, labwork/problem work, research, and experimentation.
- Week 4: Skills practice #3, labwork/problem work. experimentation and analysis.
- Week 5: Skills practice #4, analysis, and conclusions.
- Week 6: Skills practice #5, conclusions & presentation.
Costs and Session Details:
- Six sessions per course; please inquire about extended courses.
- Supplemental materials may be required for certain projects. Please inquire for further details.
- NEW STUDENT DISCOUNT: Save 2.5% each on each Creative Course registered for and paid for in full before June 17.
- DOUBLE COURSE BONUS: (All Students Eligible) Pay in full for TWO CREATIVE COURSES before June 17 to receive a 5% discount on your total package!
- *No more than two discounts can be applied to a course. Discounts do not apply to full-year “Classic Courses”. Please inquire for details.
Fill out Contact Us and include the Summer Sparks title “PBI Lab [insert your area of interest]” in the parent/student goals to receive a personalized quote and further information.