- Tutor: Sara Berliner, Miriam Wertheimer, Pravin Wilkins, Lisa Weddell, Kirstin Fowler
- Grades: (rising) 9 – 12
- Type: Single Subject (sign up for one or two subjects)
Practice your skills this summer in a six-week short session designed to beat the summer brain drain and support your research. Select from EITHER:
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- English (Literature)
- History (American, European, or World History)
- Science: Biology or Chemistry (lab/journal writing)
- Time Management
- Creative Thinking
- Study Skills (note-taking, critical reading, writing for understanding, citation methods – MLA/Chicago)
- Project-based learning management
- Conducting research
- Communicating professionally
- Prerequisite: Students submit final grade report or school progress report for tutor review
- Week 1: Skills practice #1, time management, organization, project management, self-motivation.
- Week 2: Skills practice #2, time management, note-taking, citation methodology.
- Week 3: Skills practice #3, organization, self-motivation, outline creation.
- Week 4: Skills practice #4, organization, self-motivation, drafting.
- Week 5: Skills practice #5, organization, self-motivation, editing, collaboration, communication.
- Week 6: Skills practice #6, organization, editing, collaboration, communication.
Costs and Session Details:
- Six sessions per course; please inquire for extended courses.
- Supplemental materials may be required for certain projects. Please inquire for further details.
- NEW STUDENT DISCOUNT: Save 2.5% each on each Creative Course registered for and paid for in full before June 15.
- DOUBLE COURSE BONUS: (All Students Eligible) Pay in full for TWO CREATIVE COURSES before June 15 to receive a 10% discount on your total package!
- *No more than two discounts can be applied to a course. Discounts do not apply to full-year “Classic Courses”. Please inquire for details.
Fill out the course interest inquiry form to receive a personalized quote and further information.