- Tutor: Evan Adcock, Katie Kim, Miles Tonkovich, Khiem Nguyen
- Grades: (rising) 1 – 12
- Type: Group and independent options available
Build math and science skills through problem-based inquiry methods. Select a topic below and solve a complex problem, solve a lab, or build a project! This course is perfect for learners of all levels. It can an introduction to applying basic math and science concepts in the real world, an opportunity to fine-tune higher-order thinking skills over the summer, or simply a chance to test out AP level concepts outside of a classroom setting.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Math: Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus AB/BC
- Science: General Science, Astronomy, Environmental Science, Biology, or Chemistry
- Elementary: Singapore Math; Basic sciences
- *Projects requiring organic & inorganic laboratory work may be limited. Please inquire for details.
- Critical thinking & analysis
- Creative thinking
- Skill development
- Project-based learning
- Time management
- *Collaboration (in group classes)
- Prerequisite: Students create a project idea submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to the start of the course.
- Week 1: Discuss the project; review critical skills and concepts required, skills practice.
- Week 2: Skills practice #1, labwork/problem work, research, and experimentation.
- Week 3: Skills practice #2, labwork/problem work. experimentation and analysis.
- Week 4: Skills practice #3, analysis, and conclusions.
Costs and Session Details:
- Four sessions per course; please inquire for extended courses.
- Supplemental materials may be required for certain projects. Please inquire for further details.
- NEW STUDENT DISCOUNT: Save 5% each on each Creative Course registered for and paid for in full before Monday, May 29.
- DOUBLE COURSE BONUS: (All Students) Pay in full for two courses before May 29 for TWO Creative Courses to receive a 10% discount on your total package!
- *No more than two discounts can be applied to a course. Discounts do not apply to full-year “Classic Courses”. Please inquire for details.
Fill out the course interest inquiry form to receive a personalized quote and further information.