- Tutor: Sara Berliner, Lisa Weddell, Pravin Wilkins, Miriam Wertheimer
- Grades: (rising) 1 – 8
- Type: Independent options available
Build creative thinking abilities and make literary connections through creative projects! Using summer reading texts – or any other grade-level appropriate text – students will learn to read the text critically. Taking the knowledge gained from a close reading of the text, students will spend the next three weeks producing a creative project related to their text!
Projects options include, but are not limited to:
- Building a board game
- Scripting and producing a YouTube movie review
- Planning a creative movie night with games and activities for friends and family.
- Critical reading & analysis
- Creative thinking
- Project-based learning
- Time management
- *Collaboration (in group classes)
- Prerequisite: Students must read the summer reading text prior to the start of the course!
- Week 1: Discuss the text; practice critical analysis.
- Week 2: Create a project proposal and timeline; begin working on the project draft.
- Week 3: Check-in date #1 – review project progress; draw deeper literary connections.
- Week 4: Check-in date #2 – final review of the project.
Costs and Session Details:
- Four sessions per course; please inquire for extended courses. (8 weeks total suggested)
- Supplemental materials may be required for certain projects. Please inquire for further details.
- NEW STUDENT DISCOUNT: Save 2.5% each on each Creative Course registered for and paid for in full before June 15.
- DOUBLE COURSE BONUS: (All Students Eligible) Pay in full for TWO CREATIVE COURSES before June 15 to receive a 10% discount on your total package!
- *No more than two discounts can be applied to a course. Discounts do not apply to full-year “Classic Courses”. Please inquire for details.
Fill out the course interest inquiry form to receive a personalized quote and further information.